A very small, Victorian copper saucepan and cover with a pouring spout and a wooden handle. This type of pan is often, now, referred to as a brandy pan but originally they were simple catalogued as saucepans. It is well made, from a substantial gauge of copper, and it has castellated seams around the base and up the side. The handle is turned from mahogany. The base is marked with the orb and cross symbol used by Benhams and the lid is marked '1/2'. This refers to the capacity as the pan only holds half a pint. This is the smallest size that was made in this form and it dates from c.1860. It is in very good condition but the tinning, to the interior, is worn.
Price includes postage within the U.K. Shipping to the U.S.A. add £20. Western Europe add £10.
Please fill in the information below